[vpn-help] Verison and Shresoft

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Dec 13 14:12:54 CST 2010

On 12/13/2010 9:05 AM, Jerry Hedrick wrote:
> OK, I have updated to the 2.2.0build10 and the DNS proxy problem went
> away. But I still have the problem that once the Verizon modem is
> disconnected (either manually or just because it is a cell phone card)
> shrewsoft VPN will not connect again until after the machine is
> rebooted. I can duplicate this on any machine that is running a Verizon
> cell phone card. I have tried pulling the card and trying to connect
> again but it fails. I have tried rebooting several different services
> with no luck. Does anyone have an ideas or a way I can fix this? Someone
> please help me.

Jerry,

I assume you use a dialup network connection to establish the modem
connection. Does restarting the Shrew Soft IKE and IPsec services help
or does the system require a complete reboot to correct the problem? I'm
trying to determine if this is a kernel driver problem or a user mode
service problem. In either case, I'll try to get it fixed before we
release 2.2.0 if you can help me test changes.