[vpn-help] Request for a new feature.

Karim Fatehi k.electron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:20:20 CDT 2010

I use the Cisco IPSEC client at work, and it has a folder within its
install where all the "PCF" files are stored. We have batch scripts to
copy relevant PCF files from various sources into that folder. When
the client starts it scans that folder and automatically imports every
file in there, so once we run the batch file (generally once a month)
all the connections are imported and ready to go.

I use shrew at home because I have a 64 bit system at home and Cisco
has abandoned this platform. Not to mention shrew is really good
because of its ability to reconnect easily after waking.

Can you guys add a new feature, where a particular folder is scanned
and automatically imported. This would be really useful. All we would
have to do is edit the batch scripts to copy to that folder instead.

We could do away with the dreadful cisco client if this was added.

Thanks.