[vpn-help] vpn-help at lists.shrew.net

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon May 24 17:47:06 CDT 2010

On 5/22/2010 3:56 AM, William Kerr wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having the above problem. See the attached debug and other
> documentation. Can anybody please help. Gateway is a Belkin F6D4630-4 /AU.

I assume you are trying to connect to a vpn gateway through the Belkin
firewall. Since you say the client connects when you replace the Belkin
firewall with an alternate device, my guess would be that ...

1) The belkin in dropping the ISAKMP UDP packet because its large. A
known problem with some consumer gateways. Try updating the firmware.

2) The belkin device doesn't attempt to keep the source port value when
possible and the VPN gateway is only accepting packets from source port
500 ( ISAKMP UDP port ). This is possible but very unlikely.