[vpn-help] Windows 7 x64 issue installing ShrewSoft 2.1.7

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Nov 26 22:49:26 CST 2010

On 11/22/2010 10:05 AM, Kyle Bober wrote:
> I am attempting to install ShrewSoft VPN  on my Windows7 x64 machine and
> I run into an error during installation stating the following:
>
> Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component.
>
> Now whenever I try to open up a VPN connection via the ShrewSoft VPN
> Access Management tool it fails stating the following:

Hi Kyle,

Error 0x8004a029 means that the maximum number of filter drivers for the
system has been reached. Other similar software ( VPN Clients, 3rd party
Firewall, etc ) will also install filter drivers. You can either attempt
to remove other software that has installed a filter driver, or have a
look at this article which describes how to increase the limit. I have
never tried the latter and don't have an opinion on if it is the right
thing to do.

http://www.applian.com/faq-pro/?action=article&cat_id=003&id=7&lang=

Hope this helps,