[vpn-help] Client 2.1.7

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Jun 29 13:37:28 CDT 2013

On 6/29/2013 1:21 PM, Vetoll wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When I use the client 2.1.7 my Security Association passes and my VPN
> connectivity works.
> When I use a newer client than 2.1.7, example 2.2.0 or even 2.2.1, I
> just get failures on the Security Association and therefore no VPN traffic.
>
> The main problem I have is that I need a linux client that can connect,
> and 2.1.7 doesn't have ikec :(

Hi Vetoll,

Can you please provide some debug output from both the 2.1.7 and the
2.2.1 release? There are instructions on how to do this in the support
section of our web site ...

https://www.shrew.net/support/VPN_Bug_Report_Windows
https://www.shrew.net/support/VPN_Bug_Report_Unix

Please remember to enable packet dump of decrypted IKE traffic and send
me the output in a private email. I'll take a look and see what I can do
to help.