[vpn-help] Problem with working VPN-Connection when using as "Start before Logon"

Markus Tomm mtomm at gmx.de
Fri Apr 27 16:46:17 CDT 2018

Hy all,

I do actually have a working VPN-connection to my network. It's runnig
fine, routing etc. is functional.
Now I want to use the connection to directly connect to my Windows AD
and so I bought a pro-license.
Problem is: when I connect to my network using the "Start before Logon"
option, I'm not able to reach
any device in my network. I created a tracelog but there are no errors
during connection. Everything
seems to be ok, but I'm not able to connect or send a "ping" to a
device. The tunnel is created, I can see the
connected user in my VPN-settings in my router. When I disconnect the
tunnel after login and reconnect, the
devices are all reachable and I'm able to ping. But unless the
"reconnect" I'm unable to do anything in my network.

Connecting Device: Windows 10 Version 1709 (Build 16299.402)
Router: AVM Fritz!Box 7490
Windows AD on Samba 4.7.5

So my question is: What can I try to solve this problem and which
informations do you need to help me?

Thanks,

Markus

---