[vpn-help] RV024 Connection OK but cannot ping anything

Kenneth LeBlanc kenneth.leblanc at bibliotheca-rfid.com
Mon Sep 13 19:24:51 CDT 2010

I connected just fine to a Linksys RV024. But I cannot ping anything on
the other side, or even the router itself. I never get a response back,
it always times out.

I have the settings set like the ones suggested on the Site Walkthrough
for the RV024 Router.

Here is a picture of the log from the Linksys Router

http://www.bibliosupport.com/public/shrew/shrewscreen1.png

And here is the logs  from the Shrew VPN trace. This is Version 2.1.6

http://www.bibliosupport.com/public/shrew/IKESERVICE.txt

http://www.bibliosupport.com/public/shrew/IPSECSERVICE.txt

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

The VPN WAN IP is: 24.214.57.94

The VPN LAN IP is: 192.168.1.1

The VPN LAN DHCP IP range is: 192.168.1.100-150/255.255.255.0

At the Client side I am: 71.207.224.162/255.255.248.0

No NAT at this side as I am directly connected to the cable modem.

I have spent a lot of time on this and it is really driving me crazy. I
can provide more info as needed.

Kenneth Le Blanc

RFID Technician

Bibliotheca RFID Library Systems