[Vpn-announce] Development update and new alpha release ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Jan 28 17:47:50 CST 2007

All,

     Things are moving along quite well. Most of the known bugs were
fixed in this release which makes it a lot more usable. There are only a
few items left on the todo list so expect to see a beta available within
the next few weeks.

For a complete list of changes ...

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/changelog.php?ver=2.0.0-alpha-8

The new alpha can be had from here ...

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.0.0-alpha-8

     The unix port of the ike daemon has seen lots of bug fixes and
improvements. It now works very well on FreeBSD i386 and amd64
installations. I have decided to port the Client and Site Manager
applications using Trolltech QT which should allow it to be portable
between BSD, Linux and OSX. It may even be worth using the QT port on
windows if the binary ends up being small enough. I am rather fond of
the fact that the entire distribution w/docs is still under 1MB.

More to come soon,

-Matthew