[Vpn-devel] various bugs and fixes

mgrooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Oct 9 14:41:27 CDT 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 23:52:41 +0800, "Nicolas Deschildre"
<ndeschildre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently working on packaging the shrew soft VPN client to ubuntu :)

Hello Nicolas. Great news! Thanks for working on this :)

> While playing with the cmake configuration, i encountered the
> following misleading error (with  cmake -DQTGUI=YES -DNATT=YES
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr  -DPATH_MAN:PATH=/usr -DETCDIR:PATH=/etc)
> :
> ec4 at ec4-desktop:~/download/ike$ sudo /usr/sbin/iked
> !! : unable to open /etc
> My guess is :)

Yours is the very first contributed patch to be submitted so thanks very
much. It has been committed to head.

> Another problem is that I am unable to compile with LDAP support. I
> stumble against this error :
> [ 51%] Building CXX object source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/ike.xauth.o
> /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp: In member function
> 'virtual bool _IKED_XAUTH_LDAP::auth_pwd(IKE_XAUTH&)':
> /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp:239: error:
> 'LDAP_SCOPE_ONE' was not declared in this scope
> /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp: In member function
> 'virtual bool _IKED_XAUTH_LDAP::auth_grp(IKE_XAUTH&, BDATA&)':
> /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp:373: error:
> 'LDAP_SCOPE_ONE' was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/ike.xauth.o] Error 1
>
> I am using OpenLDAP version 2.1.30.

I have tested LDAP support on both Ubuntu 6.x and 7.x but will look at it
again just to be sure.

Just an FYI, the LDAP support is only useful if you plan to use iked as a
replacement for the ipsec-tools racoon daemon on a host acting as a VPN
client gateway. Support for this has come a long way but is still
considered experimental due to lack of adequate testing. If you are
compiling iked to be used with the VPN Client GUI utilities, this option
can simply be omitted.