[Vpn-devel] various bugs and fixes

Nicolas Deschildre ndeschildre at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:30:47 CDT 2007

On 10/10/07, mgrooms <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 23:52:41 +0800, "Nicolas Deschildre"
> <ndeschildre at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm currently working on packaging the shrew soft VPN client to ubuntu :)
>
> Hello Nicolas. Great news! Thanks for working on this :)

You're welcome :)

> Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Yes! Could you give me some background on the differents VPN client
capabilities, and what the shrew soft VPN client can/can't do? For
example, I have understood that the vpnc client is only for cisco
ipsec servers, not others...

> > While playing with the cmake configuration, i encountered the
> > following misleading error (with  cmake -DQTGUI=YES -DNATT=YES
> > -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr  -DPATH_MAN:PATH=/usr -DETCDIR:PATH=/etc)
> > :
> > ec4 at ec4-desktop:~/download/ike$ sudo /usr/sbin/iked
> > !! : unable to open /etc
> > My guess is :)
> >

> Yours is the very first contributed patch to be submitted so thanks very
> much. It has been committed to head.
>
> > Another problem is that I am unable to compile with LDAP support. I
> > stumble against this error :
> > [ 51%] Building CXX object source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/ike.xauth.o
> > /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp: In member function
> > 'virtual bool _IKED_XAUTH_LDAP::auth_pwd(IKE_XAUTH&)':
> > /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp:239: error:
> > 'LDAP_SCOPE_ONE' was not declared in this scope
> > /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp: In member function
> > 'virtual bool _IKED_XAUTH_LDAP::auth_grp(IKE_XAUTH&, BDATA&)':
> > /home/ec4/download/ike/source/iked/ike.xauth.cpp:373: error:
> > 'LDAP_SCOPE_ONE' was not declared in this scope
> > make[2]: *** [source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/ike.xauth.o] Error 1
> >
> > I am using OpenLDAP version 2.1.30.
> >

> I have tested LDAP support on both Ubuntu 6.x and 7.x but will look at it
> again just to be sure.
>
> Just an FYI, the LDAP support is only useful if you plan to use iked as a
> replacement for the ipsec-tools racoon daemon on a host acting as a VPN
> client gateway. Support for this has come a long way but is still
> considered experimental due to lack of adequate testing. If you are
> compiling iked to be used with the VPN Client GUI utilities, this option
> can simply be omitted.

Ok i was wondering about the use of openLDAP, thanks for the explanation!