[Vpn-devel] New 2.1.0 beta 1 release ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Feb 27 23:49:15 CST 2008

All,

I just posted a the 2.1.0 beta 1 release on the website. This release
mostly contains bug fixes for the UI as well as site configuration and
key/certificate file conflict avoidance. Please see the release
changelogs on the download page for more detail.

http://www.shrew.net/?page=download

Being the first beta release, all items that remain on the 2.1.0 todo
list have been completed with the exception of documentation updates and
the occasional DNS problems reported by several users ( is this still an
issue for anyone? ). This means we are more or less feature complete. I
now have a very limited time before I will be AFK for six weeks and
would like to focus as much as I can on fine tuning commercial gateway
compatibility that was introduced during 2.1.0 development. Checkpoint,
Sidewinder and Fortigate support still needs a bit of work. Of course, I
would also like to hear about any bugs or regressions anyone may find
during testing. Problems reported between March 8th and April 20th will
likely need to wait until I return to be dealt with.

Thanks again,

-Matthew