[Vpn-devel] Cisco UDP Encapsulation

Robert Nelson robertn at the-nelsons.org
Sun Feb 1 11:46:49 CST 2009

I'm trying to add support for Cisco's proprietary UDP encapsulation.

It differs from NAT-T in the following ways:
    Gateway port is negotiated using xconfig instead of using port 4500.
    ISAKMP traffic stays on port 500.
    Keepalives are single byte UDP packets with 0xFF
    ESP header immediately follows UDP header.

I have all the configuration work done.  I'm having a bit of a problem deciphering what to change in the code to get the ESP traffic to use UDP protocol packets instead of ESP protocol packets.

I would appreciate any pointers.