[Vpn-devel] System Wide VPN Policies

Ross Aveling Ross at albatross-tours.com
Tue Nov 17 08:21:35 CST 2009

This is a great little VPN client.  I'm looking to use the Shew Soft VPN client to replace the aging NetScreen-Remote from Juniper that we use on our Windows systems.

The only thing I'd like to see in a future version is the support of system wide VPN profiles.  This is because I can have many users log into the same machine to establish a VPN on the road.  At the moment I have to make sure that each user has the relevant VPN's setup.

It would be great to be able to setup VPN's that could be marked as system wide and be made available to all users who log in.  These could be stored under HKLM\Shrew Soft\vpn\site in the registry to make it easy to import when deploying the software.  In addition, perhaps settings could be made available to administrators to specify;

    - whether global VPNs can be edited by non-admins
    - whether non-admins have the ability to create their own user based VPN profiles
    - whether non-admins can change the preferences of the software

Many thanks.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily the Company. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for use by the intended recipient(s). It may contain material protected by statutory or regulatory law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you have received this email in error and its use is strictly prohibited. If you have received it in error please notify our Network Team on +44 (0)1732 879198. Thank you.