[vpn-devel] VPN Client feature request

Norman Hirsch vegeta22 at web.de
Tue Aug 3 16:16:12 CDT 2010

Hi Matthew,

thx for reply.

> 2. Access Manager: add an configurationoption: "minimize on close", this
> should affect ipsecc window, so a user cant cancel a connection so easily.

>This is currently an option in the VPN Access Manager.

>http://www.shrew.net/static/help-2.1.x/files/%7B1B0F8F41-DC84-4975-9A27-C02BE29CFB54%7D.htm

I cant find that option sry. I think my explanation was indefinite.

U mean "minimize when connection suceeds" right?

I mean "minimize on VPN Connect window close" (the X-CloseButton from window upper right korner )

For example the user open VPN Connect Window from tray via double click on icon.

He needs to click minimize to close ipsecc window to keep tunnel up. But many times u click on close button (X) by mistake, ipsecc deamon stops and drop tunnel without any warning.
A Warning message would be nice so the user can decide if he really wanna drop an active connection.

Thats why i ask for option "minimize on VPN Connect window close" to keep tunnel alive.

> 3. Accessmanager: add an function to create desktop shortcuts for
> connection entrys.
>
>>  We may add this for the 2.2.0 release.

Nice to read :) ty

cya Norman