[vpn-devel] Settings interchange ikea <-->iked

Christian J. Eibl eibl at fk615.uni-siegen.de
Mon Feb 22 10:23:18 CST 2010

Hi,
I have successfully configured a connection via the ikea tool. But
since I'd like to have the connection be established on boot time
without a graphical user interface (Linux client), I'd prefer to
transfer the ikea settings to the iked.conf as peer section.
Unfortunately, those settings do not seem to be interchangeable. The
variable names are different, such that I cannot even simply transfer
those data by hand. Some settings within ikea do not even seem to
exist in iked.conf (according to man page).

Is there a simple way to transfer those settings in current versions?
Of course, compatible setting output would strongly be appreciated
with respect to this scenario for future releases.

Thanks in advance,
Christian Eibl