[vpn-devel] routing through VPN client

Rick Reynolds rreynolds at ptsadvantage.com
Fri Jul 16 14:07:01 CDT 2010

Is the source code available?

From: C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de [mailto:C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 10:57 AM
To: Rick Reynolds
Cc: vpn-devel at lists.shrew.net
Subject: RE: routing through VPN client

Hi Rick,

the issue is that Shrew does not create an routable virtual interface, as e.g. Cisco VPN does. Without that, you are not able to put any routing or NATting on it, and so it would not work. Maybe somebody implements that change in the interface section, and if already there, allow for more than one connection/interface to use. More like the way OpenVPN implements and uses its TUN/TAP drivers.

Regards,
Clemens Hoffmann