[vpn-devel] Windows virtual miniport drivers

Jon Hannah jhannah01 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 18:30:36 CDT 2010

For sometime now, I've been trying to find some decent tutorials or examples
related to writing NDIS 5 & 6 virtual miniport drivers. Short of the
documentation in the WDK, I haven't found anything that really provides a
solid example or decent explanation of the details involved in writing such
a driver. Considering the quality and versatility I have experienced using
Shrew, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a developer
interested in writing a driver somewhat similar to vfilter. I'm not sure of
the licensing details of the vfilter driver itself, but would it be possible
to review the source code for it?

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Jon Hannah