[vpn-devel] Bug and Patch: 'auto' for phase1 DH resets in Linux ikea

Michael Kenny kennym79web at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 16:33:16 CDT 2010

I've just recently started using the Shrew Soft VPN Client for Linux and
have discovered that it's possibly the best IPSEC client out there. I've
been tweaking it a little for my own use and found a couple of minor issues
that I think I can help with.

When using main rather than aggressive for phase 1, I noted that every time
I came back, my DH exchange kept getting changed back to group 1.
It's the same behaviour as a bug fixed between 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 with the
ASN.1 DN for Local Identity reset to FQDN
I've attached a quick fix, but you guys might have a better/cleaner way to
do it. I just moved the code for setting the DH group below the function
call that resets the combo box.

Thanks,
Michael