[vpn-devel] Linux: unable to locate inbound policy for init phase2

Michael Kenny kennym79web at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:27:58 CDT 2010

Mathew -

I pulled down the latest 2.1.7 branch and I think they're different
problems.
However, I had a chance to dig into it a little more and came up with
something that appears to have solved my problem.

In iked/ike.policy.cpp around line 641, I made the following change:

    if( ( type == IPSEC_POLICY_IPSEC ) && ( tunnel->tstate &
TSTATE_POLICY_INIT ) )
    {
        tunnel->tstate &= ~TSTATE_POLICY_INIT;
        policy->initial = true;
    }

This prevents phase 2 initialization until an IPSEC policy is installed. It
then finds the policy it needs for phase 2 and finishes the tunnel.

Another possibility would be to reset the TSTATE_POLICY_INIT bit on the
tunnel if phase 2 doesn't find the policy it needs?

Thoughts?
Michael