[vpn-devel] Problems compiling ike.socket.cpp

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Apr 29 16:02:30 CDT 2011

On 4/29/2011 7:20 AM, Jens Ott - Opteamax wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to compile the VPN-Client on a Gentoo-Linux. As I require
> qt4-support I downloaded the latest 2.2.0-beta1.
>
> While trying to compile this breaks with the following message:
>
> [ 62%] Building CXX object source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/ike.socket.o
> /root/ike/source/iked/ike.socket.cpp: In member function 'bool
> _IKED::client_setup(IDB_TUNNEL*)':
> /root/ike/source/iked/ike.socket.cpp:725:5: error: 'adapter' was not
> declared in this scope
> /root/ike/source/iked/ike.socket.cpp:740:5: error: 'adapter' was not
> declared in this scope
> /root/ike/source/iked/ike.socket.cpp:757:5: error: 'adapter' was not
> declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/ike.socket.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [source/iked/CMakeFiles/iked.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Any hint what I'm doing wrong?
>
> BTW the host svn.shrew.net is not reachable from my site. Wanted to
> check SVN-Version before writing this message.

This was fixed a few revisions ago in the head branch. As for the svn
repository, I have been meaning to move it to our co-located servers. Up
until a few minutes ago, it was still hosted on an old slow VM at
hub.org ( and I kept forgetting to renew our contract which meant the VM
kept getting shut down, annoying because they don't issue billing
notices anymore ). In any case, I was able to pull the latest off-site
backup and fired it up in it's new home. Should be accessible now and
much, much faster to access than before.

-Matthew