[vpn-help] -12 against ipsec-tools 0.6.6

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Aug 8 23:36:39 CDT 2006

Matthew Grooms wrote:
> Peter Eisch wrote:
>> On 8/7/06 4:19 PM, "Matthew Grooms" <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:
>>
>> client:  XP patched to current.
>> server: netbsd-3 with stock 0.6.6 (netkey -- KAME kernel extensions)
>>

> Let me give this a go. It may take me a few days to get back to you as I
> am knee deep in another area at the moment. I may take you up on your
> offer if it helps track down the problem.

Peter,

	I was able to run some tests with a similar setup. Using NetBSD 3.0 as
a vpn gateway, I pushed data from the client to a distant host over tcp.
I have attached the log output but unfortunately, for the purpose of
tracking down this problem, I experienced no similar issue. I have
attached a log of the traffic arriving at the distant host just in case
you are interested.

Here is the version of NetBSD I am running. Does this look the same?

NetBSD  3.0 NetBSD 3.0 (CUSTOM) #0: Sun Jul 16 12:56:26 CDT 2006

Do you have pf enabled by chance? Anything else that you can think of
that may enter the picture?

Also, it would be helpful to know the perspective of the tcpdump that
shows the tcp checksum errors. Was it from the public interface of the
NetBSD box or perhaps from the web server?