[vpn-help] Updated package and problem reports

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Aug 16 11:06:44 CDT 2006

Peter,

	I just ran a series of tests with the VPN client and NetBSD 3.0 in an
attempt to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Unfortunately, after
watching several episodes of "Dora the Explorer" and running windows
update I experienced no such issue with fragmentation using a windows
2000 or XP client. I also ran a series of tests using FreeBSD and packet
filter with a few different options to see if I could come up with a
similar issue, but no luck.

	Could you provide me with any options you may be using on your pf
ruleset for outbound traffic ( mss clamping, etc... )? This may help me
re-produce this issue and get it fixed. Also, I have experienced
problems with IPSEC, NAT, fragmentation and pf when the "scrub all
fragment reassemble" is not specified. If this gateway is providing NAT
( for anything on any interface ), could you please make sure you have
this specified and let me know the results if a change is made.