[vpn-help] Updated package and problem reports

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Aug 17 00:53:36 CDT 2006

Peter Eisch wrote:

> This is all quite odd.  I can do large IMAP folder sync’s over the
> session to servers at-large on the net without incident.  I can even
> putty  and scp large files.  Is there anything you do inside the
> payload?  Because this is with firefox as well as ie I might wonder if
> they do something different with sockets or something.  I can’t really
> think it’s a server issue because the cisco client zips right along
> without incident to the same sites.
>
> Here’s probably something more than what you wanted....
>
> Three sets of logs.  First is the client log with as much info in it as
> I could, even the public interface.  Next is Exhibit B which is
> specifically copied from the session:
>     cow# tcpdump -s1500 -nvv host 10.1.101.26 and not port 22
> Where ‘cow’ is the concentrator.  Last is Exhibit C which is the output
> of the command:
>     cottonmouth# tcpdump -p -nvv -s 1500 -i vlan101 port 80
> Where ‘cottonmouth’ is the upstream firewall.

Ha! After much tinkering with different options, I think I have finally
found a combination that reproduces this issue. It seems to be related
to using NATT in certain config combinations. If you disable NATT does
the problem go away?

I will have a look at this first thing tomorrow and hopefully have a
solution for you by end of day.