[vpn-help] Updated package and problem reports

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Aug 18 10:59:53 CDT 2006

Brian Jones wrote:

> Just to give an initial heads up of a quick test since I will be out most of
> the day.
>
> It was good at the beginning, I was successfully routing over the vpn from
> my house, a first without the cisco client.  This was still using the set
> 1500 max packet on the client.

Great, I was under the impression that that bug was only showing on my
development test boxes. Glad to hear its helping out in the release
builds as well.

> However upon clicking the X to close Shrew accidentally (I was thinking
> minimize to systray), I have now run into a plethora of issues, some related
> to Windows poor handling of network changes and some unexplained.  We

Hmmm, that sounds ominous. When you get a chance Id like to see some
debug output so I can look into the issues. Also, it would be good to
know what state your system left in after the disconnect?

> fiddled with the authentication to include Radius which may be part of it.
> The good news is, up until that point it was working fine.

Not likely. You have probably stumbled on a bug in the client that I
haven't seen yet.

> I will test more when I have another chance.

Thanks again Brian,