[vpn-help] -12 against ipsec-tools 0.6.6

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Jul 27 22:11:27 CDT 2006

Peter Eisch wrote:
> On 7/27/06 3:03 PM, "Matthew Grooms" <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:
>
>> What you are describing is option (2). The Shrew Soft client expects
>> parity between server and client configuration. Its up to you to select
>> the correct option for your racoon config. What the client doesn't do
>> *yet* is alert you when there is a configuration mismatch.
>>
>> I assume you selected the split include method. Is it working for you now?
>
> No, I think I'm still waiting for Option 4 <grin>.  I want all the client's
> traffic to traverse the VPN.  Perhaps I can configure a split network of
> 0.0.0.0/0?  I guess I can try in a bit.

I don't understand. If you want all traffic to traverse the tunnel, all
you should have to do is select split exclude instead of split include
for that site config. It forces all traffic across the tunnel except for
what is defined in the exclusion list. If that isn't working for you,
please let me know as that probably indicates that there is a bug in the
client.