[vpn-help] -12 against ipsec-tools 0.6.6

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Jul 27 22:12:20 CDT 2006

Peter Eisch wrote:
> Ok, I tried:
>
> Jul 27 21:40:13 cow racoon: ERROR: /etc/racoon/racoon.conf:102: "split_ne"
> syntax error
>
> 0.6.6 doesn't have such a param.
>
> The prob I had with Option 2 is that the client, in my mind, should end up
> brainless in a situation where network hints aren't provided but assume to
> do everything.  You may see that as a misconfigured client (or server) but
> I'm having trouble seeing it that way.
>
> peter

You are correct. I failed to realize that the 6.6 release does not
include support for the split network configuration. Your only option is
split exclude which will force all traffic across the tunnel.

I understand what you are saying and I think you make a good point. I
will consider changing the default behavior in future releases.