[Vpn-help] Possible to let the client auto-reconnect?

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Nov 29 21:21:22 CST 2006

Michael Rignaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> really great Client!Thnx a lot for the great work!
> That's the only (non commercial) Client on Win32 I could get to work
> properly with Lancom VPN routers.
> My earlier problems occured because -idiot me- had forgotten to assign
> an IP Address for the connection.
>
> However I have this question: Is it possible on Win32 to have the Client
> automatically reconnect when a connection terminates?
> My connection to the lancom terminates each 20-30 minutes or so, maybe
> because of  high latencies.
>
> Thnx for any help.

Thanks for trying out the VPN client. Well, its still a commercial
product. Its just free to use for both commercial and personal use ;)

An auto reconnect feature is slated for the 2.1 release cycle. I'm sorry
that I can't get to some of these user requested features earlier but
there is just too much heavy work left to be done at the moment. The 2.0
version will be an revolutionary step forward and lay a firm foundation
to evolve what I hope to be a competitive VPN product by any standard.

If you are interested in viewing the roadmap, please see the information
located at the following url.

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/todo.php