[Vpn-help] need Multi-lingual version

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Nov 29 22:08:34 CST 2006

Matthew Grooms wrote:

> Thanks. The majority of the 2.x code will be open source as has been
> ported to Linux and BSD. Perhaps a community can be built to help out
> with language translation. CPS is only interesting on the one platform.
> The client uses openssl libcrypto which is portable, highly optimized
> and supports hardware acceleration ( although very limited on the win32
> platform ). In any case, I think it would buy very little for client
> operation on a modern system. Maybe in the future though ;)

Let me just clarify for everyone reading the list. I have mentioned that
portions of the product will be released as open source. To summarize,
the Linux and BSD port will be a complete open source product and win32
will be a semi-open source product.

The ike daemon which has been ported to Linux and BSD is the lions share
of code and will be released as open source. The same daemon can also be
used as an alternative to the ipsec-tools racoon daemon for both client
gateway and site to site configurations. A gui site manager application
and client connect program similar to the windows product will also be
made open source. This constitutes a mostly complete and complimentary
product for Linux and FreeBSD as these kernels already contain strong
support for ipsec protocols. However, the win32 kernel drivers, ipsec
policy/packet processing and dns proxy code will *not* be released as
open source. These components are either platform specific or represent
a large amount of headache and financial investment to have certified.