[Vpn-help] VPN Client 2.0 Alpha ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Sep 19 22:09:17 CDT 2006

All,

	So here it is, a client using the new kernel driver model. A few words
of warning. Although this build behaved very well in all my recent
rounds of testing, it contains a new driver that could very well cause
you a world of grief. If you encounter an unrecoverable system error,
you _should_ be able to boot into safe mode and remove the filter
service and return to normality. As the new driver is unsigned, it may
prompt you several times ( one or more per adapter binding ) to
acknowledge that you are installing an non WHQL certified binary.

	This build corrects all spurious ICMP messages generated by the TCP/IP
stack seen when using the 1.x version of the client. It also provides
support for direct adapter mode which allows to use an existing adapter
as both the public and private endpoint for more traditional
road-warrior style connectivity. This mode of operation was requested by
several people. Note, there are limitations to what name service
parameters can be configured when using direct mode. The change log has
a wealth of information regarding this issue. I should also mention that
the documentation has yet to been updated.

	At the moment, a link for this download will not be posted on the main
download page. If I hear some favorable feedback regarding the clients
stability, I may add a link in the future. Comments and of course bug
reports are welcome.

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/changelog.php?ver=2.0-alpha-1
http://www.shrew.net/vpn/vpn-client-2.0-alpha-1.exe