[Vpn-help] New builds now available ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Sep 21 16:01:08 CDT 2006

All,

	I hope this is it for the 1.1 release. Thanks to Massimo and Lou for
submitting the bug reports. Sorry to Lou for taking so long to identify
and fix the issue he reported.

r657 | mgrooms | 2006-09-21 13:31:55 +0000 (Thu, 21 Sep 2006) | 3 lines

When using main mode with RSA authentication, the id type options should
not be restricted to address. The restriction only applies to PSK modes.
Bug reported by Massimo Uliana.

Bring in a fix from head to correct a Transparent DNS Proxy matching
issue. While hear, also bring in an optimization that splits the state
entry cleanup out into a different function that gets called once a
second. I believe this bug was reported by Lou at defx dot org.

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/vpn-client-1.1-rc-3.exe

Please let me know if there are any more issues identified.

	In other news, a new 2.0 alpha is now available. The changes are too
involved to recount in this email but things are shaping up nicely. I
thought it important to mention that I installed / reinstalled builds
from this branch about 50 times yesterday during development, often
during a single boot cycle. Almost every time it was just to enable /
disable the kernel debugger or to recover from an error in a commit I
had just made. The good news is that I didn't experience a single fatal
system error with the new kernel driver so stability isn't nearly the
issue I thought it might be.

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/changelog.php?ver=2.0-alpha-2
http://www.shrew.net/vpn/vpn-client-2.0-alpha-2.exe

Thanks to everyone for their input and support,