[Vpn-help] I need help with remote ASN1DN checking

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Fri Sep 29 11:43:11 CDT 2006

I'm trying to make sure I understand how the ASN1DN field would look if I
wanted to only talk to a specific server.

What kind of values is it looking for?  I tried copy/paste the subject out
of the cert right into that field, but that didn't work.  What values and in
what format is the client looking?

<< : vendor id payload

ii : peer supports DPDv1

!! : gen_peerid failed. invalid responder id data 'C=US, ST=Minnesota,
L=Minneapolis, O=Company, Inc., OU=Managed Services,
<mailto:CN=cow.company.com/emailAddress=peter.eisch at company.com'>
CN=cow.company.com/emailAddress=peter.eisch at company.com'

>> : notification payload

-> : send IKE packet to 10.1.101.26:500 ( 56 bytes )

peter