[Vpn-help] Build that could use some testing ...

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Fri Sep 15 10:17:16 CDT 2006

On 9/15/06 12:34 AM, "Matthew Grooms" <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:

> Peter Eisch wrote:
>>
>> Yes, it prompted me for a password at least 3 times though I may have
>> mis-keyed the password once.  I can't say that I counted exactly -- I went
>> back into the config and navigated to the p12 for the remaining two paths
>> (cert & key) and then connected normally.
>>
>> Maybe the whole incident was my-bad for not having my fingers on home row or
>> something.  I'll see if I can repeat it after I get my [now dwindling] 5
>> hours of sleep...
>>

> Please do, and thank again for the testing.

Both Mutual PSK and Xauth + Mutual PSK work fine.

Can't the PSK (or the p12 password) be stored in something other than the
plain string?  Can't that be rot-encoded or even at least stored in hex?
Maybe both?  I'm not looking for bullet-proof, but mildly obscured would be
nice to protect from tinkering.

peter