[Vpn-help] VPN client crashes Windows 2000

shrewvpn at derlien.com shrewvpn at derlien.com
Thu Dec 13 06:27:19 CST 2007

Hi,

I am using Shrew Soft's VPN client on Windows XP for some time now and
I am quite happy with it (despite some connection failures which
require a reboot).
This Windows XP installation is used either "native" or as a VM using
Parallels Desktop for Mac.

Recently, I installed the VPN client on a Windows 2000 VM. Each time I
connect to the same VPN gateway (to which I can successfully connect
on Windows XP) the operating system crashes (blue screen). I tried VPN
client 2.0, 2.0.3 and 2.1 alpa.
The crash happens either short after the "connect" button is pressed
(the connection seems to be just established) or at the first access
to the remote network (e.g. performing a "ping").

Are there any limitations on Windows 2000 or does anyone expect
incompatibilities using the VPN client in a Windows (2000) VM?

Thanks,
Tjark