[Vpn-help] Juniper Netscreen Support

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Dec 10 13:37:08 CST 2007

Stefan Bauer wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> Is there still support for juniper netscreen vpn gateways?

Yes. I have a Juniper SSG in my lab which runs ScreenOS Version 5.4.0
and works fine with the client.

> I't dont work here. I read through the changelog, where a few changes have been made which are responsible for netscreen gateways. Can anyone confirm his working setup with a netscreen and if yes, please provide your configuration files.

Both client versions 2.0.3 ( unofficially ) and 2.1.0 ( officially )
have been tested with the Juniper product. You essentially need to
configure the netscreen as if it would be supporting the Juniper VPN
Remote client and then use the Shrew Soft Client instead. I am using the
PSK + Xauth authentication mode and assigning the addresses and DNS info
automatically. The only special thing to note with the client was that
it needs to be set to use "config push" instead of "config pull" on the
general tab.

I don't have time at the moment to post an in-depth configuration howto
for juniper products, but I will try to get to it very soon.