[Vpn-help] VPN client crashes Windows 2000

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Dec 15 03:32:28 CST 2007

shrewvpn at derlien.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Shrew Soft's VPN client on Windows XP for some time now and
> I am quite happy with it (despite some connection failures which
> require a reboot).
> This Windows XP installation is used either "native" or as a VM using
> Parallels Desktop for Mac.
>
> Recently, I installed the VPN client on a Windows 2000 VM. Each time I
> connect to the same VPN gateway (to which I can successfully connect
> on Windows XP) the operating system crashes (blue screen). I tried VPN
> client 2.0, 2.0.3 and 2.1 alpa.
> The crash happens either short after the "connect" button is pressed
> (the connection seems to be just established) or at the first access
> to the remote network (e.g. performing a "ping").
>
> Are there any limitations on Windows 2000 or does anyone expect
> incompatibilities using the VPN client in a Windows (2000) VM?

Tjark and Stefan,

Thanks again for submitting and confirming the bug report. I was able to
re-produce the problem using Parallels for Windows. My tests now show
the problem is resolved but I don't want to call it fixed until I get
confirmation from you both. I would really appreciate it :)

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.1.0-w2kfix-x86
http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.1.0-w2kfix-a64

Thanks in advance,