[Vpn-help] Development update and new alpha release ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Feb 12 01:36:18 CST 2007

All,

      A new alpha release is now available. Lots of bugs have been fixed
but I didn't have time to do the amount of testing that would warrant a
beta release. This is mostly due to the last minute decision to add
config push mode support to the client and IKE daemon. With this mew
feature, we should now be auto-configurable by a whole new group of VPN
Gateway devices. You will also notice the site manager GUI has seen a
decent amount of cleanup. Expect a beta within a week or two.

Change Logs ...

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/changelog.php?ver=iked
http://www.shrew.net/vpn/changelog.php?ver=2.0.0-alpha-9

Download ...

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.0.0-alpha-9

      In other news, the IKE daemon has been split out into a public
repository. This is the reason for the two change logs listed above. I
haven't opened up access to this yet but it should be ready to go for
the 2.0 release.