[Vpn-help] Not entering quick mode

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Feb 14 02:48:55 CST 2007

Matt Swift wrote:
> Hello fellow VPNers,
>
> First off this is a really nice piece of software - grats to the
> developers - it must have taken lots of time and effort. I have done a
> search through your mailing list and i couldn't see this problem
> mentioned, however i hope I'm not repeating a previously answered
> question.

Thanks for trying out the software.

> ii : client recv thread begin ...
> ii : enabled adapter ROOT\VNET\0000
> ii : waiting for vnet to arrive ...
> !! : defaulting to MTU of 1500.
> !! : add tunnel route for address w.x.y.z failed

If the client is unable to configure the adapter then routes will not be
added correctly. Does ipconfig show the correct address being assigned
to the shrew soft virtual adapter instance after the tunnel has been
established?

I have heard a few reports of the initial adapter instance not working
correctly. You can try shutting down the Shrew Soft IPSEC service,
removing any Shrew Soft adapters via device manager ( must enable "Show
Hidden Devices" to see them ), re-starting the IPSEC service and then
reconnecting.

While the 1.1 version is the latest stable release, all development
efforts are now being directed to the 2.0 branch. I believe this
particular bug has been corrected there but I can't be 100% certain
until more testing is performed.