[Vpn-help] Zywal > Shrew Client

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue May 1 08:13:39 CDT 2007

Oliver Meister wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> I have difficulties to get the shrew client working with a Zywal 10.
>
> The connection dialog looks like this:
> attached to key daemon ...
> peer configured
> iskamp proposal configured
> esp proposal configured
> ipcomp proposal configured
> client configured
> local id configured
> remote id configured
> pre-shared key configured
> bringing up tunnel ...
> gateway not responding
> tunnel disabled
> detached from key daemon ...
>
> Does anybody have experience whit the Zywal setup and may lend me an helping
> hand?

Oliver,

      Thanks for trying out the client. I know there have been some
postings on the Zyxel mailing lists where people claim to have gotten
this working. At least thats what the altavista bablefish told me ( I
think the text is in German ).

Here are a few of the links ...

http://www.zyxel.ch/forum/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=2055&enterthread=y
http://www.zyxel.ch/forum/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=2084&enterthread=y

As for getting help with the client, I need to know a bit more
information ...

1) What version of the client are you using?
2) What does the client IKE Daemon debug level output say?
3) What does the debug output from the zywall say?