[Vpn-help] SSH connection hang with beta 2

Tai-hwa Liang avatar at mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw
Sun May 6 23:16:55 CDT 2007

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Matthew Grooms wrote:
[...]
> With the mss clamping enabled on the firewall, you shouldn't experience any
> hangs at all due to fragmentation issues with tcp communications. I will do
> some testing and try to reproduce the issue.

   Thank you.

> I know you said the 1.1 version of the client worked better in this regard.
> Did you still experience ssh session hangs from time to time?

   We do experience ssh session hangs in 1.1.  Whilst being compared with
2.0, 1.1 is 'better' in terms of the probability of hanging one may
run into.

   It's also worth to note that a user reported that with the 1.1 client,
he always experienced connection hanging whilst using TortoiseSVN
(over ssh tunnel); however, when he switched to the Eclipse SVN plugin
(which also supports SVN over SSH tunnel), the session hangs suddenly
disappeared....

--
Cheers,

Tai-hwa Liang