[Vpn-help] Connection ends up in phase2 not found

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Nov 9 16:49:08 CST 2007

Marko Schmalenbach wrote:
> I am no expert at this VPN stuff. My connection always ends up in "phase2 not found".
> Can anybody tell me what this exactly means?

Marko,

Ahhh, so this is a Fortigate. I should have asked earlier. The problem
is that the gateway uses DHCP over IPsec to configure clients. Support
for this has already been committed to the head branch but I have not
released any official Windows builds on this branch yet. I was actually
thinking about doing this over the weekend. So if you like, keep your
eyes peeled for a 2.1.0 alpha 1 release. There will be a new gateway
configuration method for DHCP over IPsec to select which should be the
only change you need to make to get things up and running.

Hope this helps,