[Vpn-help] follow-up to blue screen issue

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Nov 29 14:08:41 CST 2007

Matthew Grooms wrote:
> Mark Voltz wrote:
>> some output of the blue screen:
>>
>> The problem seems to be caused by the following file: vfilter.sys
>>
>> DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

>> STOP: 0x000000CE (0xEEA21326,0x00000000,0xEEA21326,0x00000000)
>>
>> hope this helps
>>

> Mark,
>
> It does and thank you for the bug report. Do you happen to have any
> other VPN software installed on your system? I thought I squashed all
> these bugs in my last round of kernel driver updates but one may have
> slipped through.

Mark,

I just told a half truth when I said that I thought the bugs had been
squashed in my last round of kernel updates :/ This only applies to the
updated 2.1.0 driver and not the one bundled with the recent 2.0.3
release. Unfortunately there wasn't time to back-port the fixes but
several of them were directly related to the problem shown above (
pended Irp cancellation issues ). I will try to reproduce the problem
with 2.0.3 and verify that it has been resolved in the updated driver.

Thanks again,