[Vpn-help] follow-up to blue screen issue

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Nov 30 19:59:41 CST 2007

Mark Voltz wrote:
> I do have other vpn software on my system.  Cisco VPN client 5.0x.0xxx
> whatever it was (I've loaded three different versions troubleshooting a
> VPN issue at work).

Mark,

I looked into this problem and am 99% certain that I have located the
cause. A fix is in the works, but its not trivial and will take some
time to correct. Until then, I would discourage anyone from installing
the Shrew Soft client on the same host as the Cisco VPN Client. This
really goes for any software that uses DNE ( the Deterministic Network
Enhancer IM kernel driver ). Man, I hate that thing.