[Vpn-help] server cert config failed?

Tai-hwa Liang avatar at mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw
Fri Oct 26 04:28:14 CDT 2007

Hi,

   Recently a friend of mine tried 2.0.0 client on his laptop.  The initial
connection always failed with "server cert config failed" message in the
connecting dialogue box.

   Looks quite weird to me since the same certificate chain file(.pem)
works on my desktop since 2.0.0 beta/rc release.  He also tried a newer
version, 2.0.2, but still no luck, yet.  After a few poking around with
the Trace Utility, it truns out that the imported config file consists
of an extra DOS new line character hence the server cert loading always
bails out with "Invalid path."

 	s:ident-server-type:asn1dnM
 	s:auth-server-cert:server-chain.pemMM
 	s:auth-client-cert:user.p12M
 	s:auth-client-key:user.p12M

   The 'M' is just a demostration of new line character, not the real 'M'
character. It's interesting to note that the configuration was imported
through an email attached .vpn file. I don't know how this extra byte
had crept in but it would be great if the config parser could do some
stripping on such characters.

--
Cheers,

Tai-hwa Liang