[Vpn-help] No IPSEC SA after ISAKMP

David Santinoli marauder at tiscali.it
Sun Oct 14 17:07:18 CDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 07:15:06PM -0500, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> Lets try this again. I believe all the issues are sorted out now.
>
> http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=certtest-x86

Hi Matthew,
  great!  The new client managed to import and use the private key,
after asking for the passphrase.
It went as far as establishing the ISAKMP security association, but did
not bring up the IPSEC SA (this is confirmed by the server, too).  The
last line of the IKE log says

  DB : phase2 not found

which makes me suspect my configuration is somewhat incomplete - could
it be the case?

Another thing I noticed is that when I try to commit the configuration
the client keeps asking "Please specify a valid WINS Server Address"
even if "Enable WINS" is not ticked.  (The same holds for DNS.)  This
happens whatever the selected value for "Auto configuration" under the
"General" tab.

Thanks,
 David
--
 David Santinoli
 Tieffe Sistemi S.r.l.                      viale Piceno 21, Milano