[Vpn-help] Iked.exe dies

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Oct 23 23:08:53 CDT 2007

Peter Eisch wrote:
> Hi Matt, long time no chat...
>
> Brian and I were chatting about pulling back around and trying this again,
> so I figured no better time than tonight.  Server end is ipsec-tools 0.6.7
> (yet) with the config.  It seems that iked tanks just as it receives the
> first full message from the server.  It starts comparing the subject of the
> cert and <poof> it's gone.
>
> Ideas?

Peter,

Thanks for the bug report. It would seem that iked is crashing while
attempting to parse the asn1dn string included in the id payload. I
would love to reproduce this if possible. To do so, I need a certificate
that is generated exactly like yours so I can set this up in a test
environment. Hopefully, I can coerce the same response and find the
fault. Any chance you can provide me with one of these?