[Vpn-help] Feisty 32 bit error message when starting ikea, solved

charles morrison charlie2 at ledgible.com
Sat Sep 1 21:23:15 CDT 2007

charles morrison wrote:
> Matt,
>
> I am getting this message when I start ikea.
>
> *X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
>  Major opcode:  144
>  Minor opcode:  3
>  Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
>  Major opcode:  144
>  Minor opcode:  3
>  Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device*
>
> Using Kinfocenter, I don't see any devices major opcode 144 on my Acer
> Aspire 5100 Laptop
>

> Any clues?
>
> Charlie Morrison

Matt,

The problem has nothing to do with ikea. It is caused by Wacom drivers
being in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. The solution is to delete them
from the xorg.conf file. See:

*http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=7964.0;topicseen
*
I deleted them, rebooted (restart x server) and no error message.

Charlie Morrison

--
Charlie Morrison
American LED-gible, Inc