[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Thu Sep 6 01:02:40 CDT 2007

Matthew, no joy :-(

On 5 Sep 2007 at 19:17, Matthew Grooms wrote:

> Thanks for the report. I have seen this as well on a FreeBSD machine but
> assumed it was an isolated incident related to an outdated ports collection.
> Anyhow, the configure checks needed to be updated as the software really
> relies on OpenSSL libcrypto development headers and library but not OpenSSL
> proper. Please try the following archive ...
>
> http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=ike&type=tgz&vers=2.0.1-beta-4
>
> ... and let me know how it works for you.

Getting a different error now, after running cmake, it goes through it's
checks. After checking for the c++ compiler

    Unable to locate openssl crypto include files
    --  Configuring done

Searching the Ubuntu repositories for openssl and crypto didn't turn up
anything that seemed obviously useful... as I already have the openssl and
openssl-dev packages installed.

Installed a few of the  libcrypto++ packages to see if that made any
difference, nope and check that libssl-dev is installed already.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting