[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Sep 7 21:29:33 CDT 2007

Matthew Grooms wrote:

> What version of cmake do you have installed? I just got done downloading
> the ubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso and will run some tests of my own as
> well.

Harondel,

I installed a system using ubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso and added the
dependencies listed in the README.TXT file along with the generic gnu
make package. The package manager didn't have bison 2.3 ( only 2.1 ) and
cmake 2.4.x didn't appear to be an option at all. I compiled and
installed bison from source ( configure; make; make install ) and
installed cmake version 2.4.7 which is available from their website in
pre-compiled form. The cmake configuration completed without error ...

mgrooms at ubuntu6:~/ike$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DQTGUI=YES
-DETCDIR=/etc -DNATT=YES
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Using binary /usr/bin/flex ...
-- Using binary /usr/local/bin/bison ...
-- Using install prefix /usr ...
-- Using etc path /etc ...
-- Using man path /usr/local/man ...
-- Performing Test NATT_FOUND
-- Performing Test NATT_FOUND - Success
-- Enabled NAT Traversal support ...
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so -
found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Enabled Client QT GUI support ...
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/mgrooms/ike

... and I was able to connect to several VPN gateways without any issue.
Perhaps you can try the same procedure.

Hope this helps,