[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Sep 17 22:46:02 CDT 2007

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

>> create a compatibility matrix on the Shrew Soft web site to document all this
>> so it doesn't get lost in my head. Maybe a wiki would be in order as well for
>> users that are kind enough to write some quick vendor platform specific notes
>> or howtos.
>
> matrix would be handy, and I'd be glad to put in info from my tests.
>
> Noticing some odd behvaiour with beta3 loosing most, but not all of my
> settings. Installing beta4 now to see what happens.
>
> Hmm, beta 4 is barfing during make stage at 19%. Same happens when run as
> regular user or using sudo.

Harondel,

I just checked out the source for beta 4 on by 6.06 and ran a test
build. The source code looks fine to me ( const char * argument is
declared in both the header and the token.ll file ). Didn't see any
problems. Maybe tar dumped the files into the existing ike directory.
Can you please run a 'make clean' before the build and see if this helps
the situation.