[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Sep 18 23:03:33 CDT 2007

On 18 Sep 2007 at 18:04, Matthew Grooms wrote:

> Interesting. I'm surprised to hear this is working since the Fortinet
> TAC folks didn't mention that it supports this. Does your NCP client
> also work in this mode?

Heh, no, I set the ip address manually but it seems Shrew still sends the
mode config request as you noted under the BEFVP41 thread.

> > Can't ping anything behind the vpn gateway, will look into that further and
> > report back. Tunnel is coming up successfully though.
> >

> Are you using manual policy configuration?

Yuppers.

It's really weird though, as I was getting to phase 2 successfully a few
times, but the end of the night I was stuck at completing phase 1 only.

I do remember seeing the following error near to the end of the night, this
is from memory...

SPADD error number =17

I got the impression that shrew was having some issues creating the spi
policies <shrug>

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting